El Mul Golan - Country Lodging
Kibbutz Shaar Hagolan
Welcome to El mul Golan
The site is located on kibbutz Shaar Hagolan, overlooking the Gilad mountains and the Golan heights; 500 meters from the Yarmuk river and the Jordanian border, 5 minutes drive from the "Yardenit" baptism site, 10 minutes drive from the Sea of Galilee and 15 minutes drive from Hamat- Gader Hot springs.
Additional services for our guests:
- All rooms are just steps away from the swimming pool, the museum, the dining room and the minimarket.
- A lounge with coffee, wine and beer (for groups only, pre-coordination is required)
The nature around us:
Thanks to our creative gardening team – our site is surrounded by trees, flowers and greenery. The sound of birds is music to our ears, the honeydew of the flowers feeds butterflies and birds; jaybirds, hoopoes and honey- suckles visit us daily.
The kibbutz itself is like one great botanical garden, decorated with tall, unique species of trees from all over the world. Thanks to the trees we have over 50 types of birds nesting here.
Additional services included for our overnight guests-
- Breakfast- Israeli buffet
- Free internet
- Free use of the swimming pool- indoor pool, active all year round
- Free entrance to the mini-zoo
- Guided tour at the Museum of Yarmukian Culture
- Use of the kibbutz' playground
- A map of the kibbutz for a self-guided tour, including explanation points about kibbutz life.
Our rooms and facilities
Types of Rooms
- In our country lodging- 56 rooms
- All rooms have been renovated in the last 3 years- 2010-2013
- 15 rooms are family units, fit to host 3-5 persons
- 41 rooms are suited for 1-4 persons
- 2 rooms are adjusted for handicapped guests
- All rooms are in buildings- either 1 or 2 floors
- A small youth hostel is available for groups only (pilgrims, athletes, archeologists etc…)
- In the youth hostel: toilets, showers and a small kitchen shared by all rooms
In each room and family unit:
- A coffee corner equipped with all necessary ingredients for making hot drinks, a mini-refrigerator with milk, and a microwave oven
- There are no dishes, except for coffee cups, cooking in the rooms is prohibited.
- BBQ facilities are outside the rooms for your convenience
- LCD TV with cables
- Air conditioning
- Free WIFI in all rooms (including the youth hostel)
All rooms are steps away from the swimming pool, the dining room, the museum, the playground, the minimarket and the ATM
Museum of Yarmukian Culture
Discover an ancient culture…
On the guided tour you will hear the story of an ancient culture, found in our fields. The Neolithic culture is 8000 years old- the era of the very beginning of agriculture. The museum displays archeological findings: various types of stone tools, clay utensils and Fertility figurines. A humorous video for all the family is included, demonstrating life in that special culture.
Opening hours of the Museum:
Sunday- Friday , holyday eve – 9.00 – 12.00
Saturdays and holydays- 10.00 – 13.00
A tour of the kibbutz
Get to know a one of a kind life style you can find only in Israel
Take a leisurely one hour walk among the beautiful green scenery of the kibbutz.
While touring the kibbutz you will be able to see the famous clothes warehouse, the dining hall, the main bulletin board and the kids’ dorms, gain some understanding of the kibbutz’s organizational structure and learn about the benefits of living in a real kibbutz, as well as the shortcomings of this life style.
The tour concludes at the museum’s balcony, providing a magnificent view of our neighbors – to the east you can see the Kingdom of Jordan, and to the north – the Golan Heights and Syria.
A charge will apply; minimum 15 people per tour
Meals on the road
We provide breakfast or lunch for groups touring the area – delicious, pleasant and affordable. Different tours can be combined together plus lunch.Please make pre-arrangements & reservations in advance.
tel: 04-6677544 fax: 04-6677545 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
El Mul Golan Country Lodging
Kibbutz Shaar- Hagolan
Jordan Valley, Israel
Zip code: 1514500
Reception and reservations: +972-73-2151888
(you may leave a clear message and a representative will get back to you) Groups' reservations: +972-4-6677667
You may also fill out the form below and we will contact you.